Thursday 3 November 2011

The Mediator : Shadowland and Ninth Key


Title : Shadowland - Ninth Key (The Mediator #1 - #2)
Writer : Meg Cabot
 Number of pages : 516
Publisher : HarperTeen
Synopsis :
Ghosts ruin everything, especially your love life.
Suze is a mediator—a liaison between the living and the dead. In other words, she sees dead people. And they won't leave her alone until she helps them resolve their unfinished business on earth. But after a cross-country move to sunny California, Suze is looking forward to a fresh start and a life free of spectral interventions.
Too bad Suze can't escape the undead that easily. She might not mind Jesse, the sexy ghost who haunts her bedroom, but there are plenty of other poltergeists out there with less friendly intentions. Some of them are out for revenge . . . of the murderous kind. And Suze might be the only one who can stop them.

This book contains two parts of the mediator series, Shadowland and Ninth Key. The series have six installments.

Ok, this is Meg Cabot. I know I will find the sarcasm and the unique style of her writing in this book. And I did find it. Wah, how I miss the time I read her Princess Diaries series.

Light, funny, entertaining as always...

If you like the light adventure-thriller, this book is definitely good for you. Well, I could guess all twisted mysteries inside and I didn't feel so surprised when all the cards were opened. But like I said, this book is a light adventure-thriller-mystery-whatever.

But...
 

Susannah rocks!! She become one of my favorite heroine with her kick-ghost-butt styles. She was tough, stubborn, and also mean sometimes. But I like her. 

Other characters only get small portion in the book. But there are not much to tell about them. Mostly, the book tells about Susannah and the annoying ghosts. But, I don't mind since I really like Suze, haha...
 

Anyway, Jesse is likeable although he seldom appears in the story. He was described as hot ghost who was quite oldies since he came from nineteenth century. But he was so polite and so Spanish (I always have a thing with Spanish language and Latino guys, don't know why). And the way he always called Susannah by "querida" (means darling) with smooth, silky, and deep voice... I know why Suze could not help to fall in love with him although it's not normal to fall in love with ghosts since they are already dead. 

Three stars!

Dreamer does not want to go back to Singapore, seriously...


:)

No comments:

Post a Comment